While I wait for my wife to deliver our first child, I've had a very productive painting week. By making a large assembly line, I was able to crank out 112 Austrian infantry in just 20 hours. I built three brigades of Old Glory figures and one lone stand of Battle Honors to match some figures I painted a couple years ago.
In this last shot, you can see how my painting style has evolved over the past two years. I used to just drybrush the metal bits on the muskets. Now I carefully paint all the silver bits with a small brush. I used to paint in just one color over black. Now I usually have a shade and a highlight color. I used to use raw umber as my skin base. Now I use a browning flesh color that I mix myself.
French Infantry for 1859 Project
1 hour ago