Thursday, January 8, 2009

15mm Revolutionary War Hessians

As I mentioned in the previous post, the first AWI figures I bought were Hessian line infantry.  I needed three regiments of Hessian line for my Freeman's Farm scenario.

Old Glory Hessian Line

I was not very happy with these figures.  The infantry are definitely scurrying, and the detail on the figures is not that good.  Still, I had a hundred of these guys, so I went ahead and used them to field my three line regiments.




Jeff Valent Hessian Grenadiers

I turned to a different manufacturer for my grenadiers.  Jeff Valent has the cheapest AWI figures available at $.20 apiece.  The figures have a wooden toy soldier look, but they're well worth the price.  

Minifigs Hessian General

My Hessian brigade commander comes from the Minifigs mounted British officers pack.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, I agree that the Jeff Valent figures are one of the best values in 15mm figures. Jeff only recently raised the price from $0.18 to $0.20 per figure. My Hessians are Frontier but I like the look of your JV Hessians.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete