Thursday, March 19, 2015

Blue Moon 18mm Napoleonic British Hussars

I am still working on fielding all the troops needed for any of the General de Brigade Peninsular War scenarios.  I have pretty well settled on Blue Moon for my Napoleonic armies, since the range is affordable and attractive.  All the British cavalry I will need are two regiments of light dragoons and one of hussars.


Here are the 1st KGL Hussars.  They fought very well, and of course their uniform was colorful!  I opted to paint these in their white gloves.


Blue Moon provides three different rider and six different horse poses.  By bending arms, I was able to introduce even more variety.


I had a Dullcote mishap with these.  I will probably break out the airbrush and spray them with an acrylic matt clear, then try the Dullcote again once the humidity drops,


I was very pleased with these figures.  They should look great on the tabletop!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I liked the sculpts. Blue Moon is making some good looking stuff.

      Delete
  2. Good lord! You must be one of the best painters on the internets!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no. There are a lot of guys who leave me in the dust. But I do enjoy putting a little extra work into the figures to make them pop.

      Delete
  3. Great work on those, very motivational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dan! They are motivating me to paint more.

      Delete
  4. Well done sir, great painting!

    ReplyDelete