Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Giant Commission -- Complete Austrian Army

I was able to complete this army in three and a half months, about half the time it took to finish the French army.  The Austrian force is slightly smaller than the French army.  All that white is actually pretty easy to paint, and I was able to spend a few hours each day.


German Line Infantry




Hungarian Line Infantry


German and Hungarian Grenadiers


Grenzer and Jager


Artillery


Hussars


Chevaux-leger and Uhlans


Cuirassiers and Dragoons

The Austrian army includes 524 foot, 108 horse, and 13 guns.  The Russians are up next!

30 comments:

  1. The figures are superb. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastically fast work for such a large number of miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get in two hours per day, at a minimum.

      Delete
  3. Love these! Can't wait to get them on the table and start defeating them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed these, Jon. Now on to the Russians!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding collection on both sides. Well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on these, Scott.
    Glenn needs to add some Grenz, Landwehr, EHK Legion and insurrectio, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got the Grenz in there, but yes, I would love to add some Landwehr!

      Delete
    2. From what I can tell, the Austrian Landwehr didn't have much impact on many battlefields. Only at Wagram were they present in many numbers, and even then it was only at a ratio of 1/6 or 1/7 of a Brigade.
      It might be cool to have a handful of these for a play-through of Wagram, but then they would just sit because I don't think that they would be a part of the 1813 - 14 campaigns.

      Delete
    3. After a few hours of sleep, it has been determined that I must have a few units of Landwehr and Insurrectio to spice up my units. ;-)
      Order placed.

      Delete
  7. Wonderfull painted army! Looking forward to the Russians!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know lots of wargamers like to see Grenzers in brown coats, but were you aware that these units were still mostly in white coats until after 1812? Many units did not get the brown coats until 1814 or 1815.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. I just like seeing them in brown, and fortunately Glenn agrees!

      Delete