Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Giant Commission -- Russian Hussars

These 33 figures represent all 11 Russian hussar regiments.  I spent a couple of days looking through my sources and compiling regimental colors for all of these, only to find my information duplicated at Blunders on the Danube!  So far as I can tell, Peter is right on with his regimental distinctions.

Soum Hussars
 


Pavlograd Hussars
 


Elizabethgrad Hussars 
 


Alexandria Hussars
 


Olviopol Hussars 
 


Isoum Hussars


Akhtyrsk Hussars
 


White Russia Hussars
 


 Loubny Hussars


 Grodino Hussars


Marioupol Hussars
 

Only 15 figures of guard cavalry remain to be painted, although Glenn has added on the Czar and the Austrian emperor, so I will probably include those figures when I ship these off.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe that these are 18mm. The details and levels of color make them look like 28's.
    Fantastic! Hussars are always so colorful and diverse.
    Very impressive work, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love painting hussars. They take longer to paint, but they always pop.

      Delete
  2. Now THIS is some of your finest brushwork! You have a good eye and a talented brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon! Coming from you, that is high praise!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Christopher! I am nearing the end on this army!

      Delete