Thursday, October 18, 2018

Another Chaeronea Game!

This past Saturday, the fellows joined me for another game of "To the Strongest!"  Once again, we tackled the battle of Chaeronea.  In the first game, Jon's Greeks won a squeaker against Kevin's Macedonians.  In the second game, my brother Craig and I took the Greeks, and Jon and Kevin teamed up as the Macedonians.  It was another closely fought Greek victory!


After lunch, Jon and I broke out the old Avalon Hill "Squad Leader" and played the first scenario.  My 10 year old son and I have been learning the game together.  Jon was a little rusty on the rules, but I think he had fun!


While Jon and I got our fix of retro gaming, Kevin had a chance to peruse my collection of "The General."


I HAVE been painting, but I haven't been finishing many projects this month. Hopefully I can post some pictures of new figures soon!

7 comments:

  1. That was a fun game day, Scott!
    I figured the Greeks ought to be able to pull out a victory after a string of Macedonian victories at Chaeronea and they did!

    Great fun to sit down to a game of Squad Leader after 40 years too. My play was rusty, for sure, but next time I will give you more of a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ok, "maybe" I will provide a more challenging opponent; maybe not? You certainly ended up with a big Russian Dead Pile for your efforts.

      Delete
    2. It was great fun, Jon! Sometimes that's just how the dice roll.

      Delete
  2. Great looking "To the Strongest!" game, gotta love those rules. How many points?
    Are you using 15mm figures? I have started re-basing mine, (DBM armies) for easier use with these rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I really don't remember how many points! They are balanced, though. We have had two Macedonian and two Greek wins.

      Yes, the armies are all 15mm figures. I too have them based for DBx, and I too have been thinking of rebasing. We'll see. I always hate to rebase troops, and the 40mm bases are pretty standard.

      Delete
  3. God to see your crew put TTS! on the table again Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the rules a lot. There is just enough flavor to make the match ups seem historical.

      Delete