Tuesday, May 14, 2019

40mm Commission WIP

Work continues on the large 40mm commission.  I am finding these figures tougher than 28mm, less forgiving of little fudges.


I've also had trouble with bases warping.  The last time I had this problem was over 10 years ago, and I found that by spraying large bases with an enamel paint, I could seal them against my glue wash.  This time I am pretty sure the holes for the rare earth magnets are the culprits.  I'm trying a few different adhesives to see what works.


My client found the blues on the last set looked too dark on his table, so I am trying some new shades on these 28mm figures.  They go in the mail in just a few minutes, so hopefully I'll have an answer soon!



All these 40mm figures should be finishing up in the next 4-8 weeks.  Look for a big group of photos of a big collection of big figures!

1 comment:

  1. They look excellent. While I like my dark blues a bit lighter than real life, for 40mm, that's a pretty light shade! The customer, of course, is always right, however! :-)

    ReplyDelete