Sunday, September 3, 2023

Finishing the Basing

The basing is almost finished. I just had the figures glued down on Thursday, but now the bases are flocked and looking good!


2nd Maryland

Limbers

Guns

Generals




I had ONE base warp during the process. Carl like small magnets in his bases for storage, and they can leave little crevices in the wood. When I apply my glue wash, it can cause the wood to warp.

I am open to suggestions. I already tried soaking the base in water for a few seconds and clamping it to a flush surface. If anything, that made the warp worse. Should I just start from scratch on this one base?



3 comments:

  1. TRY GLUEING THE OTHER SIDE... IT CORRECTS ON CHIP BOARD WHEN ONLY ONE SIDE HAS GLUE APPLIED

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paint both sides of my bases first. Seems to take care of the problem.

    ReplyDelete