Monday, February 18, 2013

Eureka 28mm WFR French Line

This morning I put the finishing touches on another French line infantry battalion from Eureka's outstanding Wars of the French Revolution range.  This is the second battalion of 6th demi-brigade.





This is the first time I have used a flag from my new French Infantry Flags book, and I like the way it looks.  I scanned the image, copied it into my word processor, and resized it there.


I had bought a set of 6th demi-brigade flags from GMB, but I mislaid one of them.  Here is the GMB flag on the left and the home printed flag on the right.  The GMB flag is much nicer, of course, and well worth the $2.50 that it costs.

But for flags that GMB does not make, these home made flags will do very well.  I have been building my armies for the 1796-1800 campaigns in Italy.  The only French flags that GMB makes for the 1794 design are those carried in Egypt.  If I want to use the flags of units actually in Italy  (like the 26th DB, shown below), I will have to make my own flags.



6 comments:

  1. Very handsome French battalion. Great flags too! During this period, did French battalions have integral voltigeurs and yellow/chamois distinctions? I thought not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, they did not, but I want to be able to use these through 1807.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - great looking early-Napoleonic unit. Eureka sure makes some nice figures too. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Elite Miniatures has its own range of French Revolution period flags for the actions in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great work on this unit, superb flags too!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete