Thursday, April 13, 2017

28mm French Hussars

Warlord Games ran a special over Christmas: sprues for $3.25 and free shipping.  I do not usually paint plastic figures, but that price was too good to pass up.  I bought a few sprues as samples to see how I liked their line.  I bought some Greek hoplites, which I did not care for and probably will never paint, British infantry in stovepipe shako, early Russian infantry, and French chasseurs a cheval, line lancers, and hussars.


These are the two hussars.  The sprue lacked muskets, but everything else was there.  I painted these as 9th Hussars c. 1809.


The poses are very nice, and the detail on the plastic figures is crisp.


The pelisses would benefit from more of an undercut around the sleeves.  The faces were workmanlike, but a little plain.


I don't know if I will buy a whole box of these or not.  I may just use these as display figures.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous brushwork, Scott!
    Certainly worthy for placement in prominent display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic job for a beautiful uniform...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hussars! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely paintwork but the lack of carbines woulde just one thing to put me off- the other being that they are plastic. Your work has maid them look fine but the poses seem to lack animation- especially in the horses.
    Nope still not going anywhere near plastikrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much the same. I have not seen any plastics that would make me change over from my metals.

      Delete
  5. The way you paint them they look worthy of buying a box or TWO. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete