Sunday, August 19, 2018

Napoleon and Staff, 18mm

Here is an army command stand for my Napoleonic French collection.  I finished painting this yesterday and polished off the basing this morning.


I liked the stand I painted for Glenn's army so much that I decided to do one for myself as well. 


All the figures are from AB Miniatures' incomparable line.  They come from a variety of different codes.


I will probably enter this stand as a vignette in my local modeling competition.  I am very pleased with how everything turned out.


I continue adding to my Napoleonic French high command.  I have already painted up seven corps command stands.  Now I am adding brigade and division commanders.  Look for pictures as I finish smaller groups.

18 comments:

  1. Lovely command base, Scott. Looking forward to seeing your additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dean! I have another 18 figures that I should finish tomorrow or Tuesday.

      Delete
  2. Just excellent Scott the emperor would be proud!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid vignette, Scott! I am sure you will walk away with a blue ribbon in the modelling show with this piece. Is that Ney with raised sword?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's Ney. It's based on this painting of Waterloo, I am sure.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Ney#/media/File:Marechal_Ney_%C3%A0_Waterloo.jpg

      Delete
  4. Looks superb Scott! Great diorama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous painting Scott, that is a stunning diaroma in itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It should be eye catching on the tabletop.

      Delete
  6. Awesome vignette, great looking staff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est magnifique! I love the compostion as well as the superb painting!

    ReplyDelete