Tuesday, October 29, 2019

28mm Hoplites

These Crusader Miniatures hoplites have been sitting in a box for ten years!  When Jon, Kevin, and I played a game of Commands and Colors with my 28mm ancients miniatures, I thought it would be nice to add a Greek army to the table.  Each unit consists of four bases.  With the 28 figures I already had painted, this will enable me to field nine hoplite units.

The figures are all mounted on 60mm by 30mm bases.  The spears are from North Star.  I cut them longer than you usually see on wargaming miniatures, but the real spears were 9 to 12 feet long, so this is accurate.  Shield transfers are all from Little Big Men Studios, and are brilliant, as usual.
















I also painted up three bases of generals using figures from the spares box.  These are all from Wargames Foundry.




I'm starting in on a new round of commission work now, so it may be a while until I add to this army.  Hopefully it won't be another ten years!

12 comments:

  1. Great work - nice mix of armoured and unarmoured hoplites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For Commands and Colors the armored fellows will be heavy infantry and the unarmored will be medium infantry.

      Delete
  2. Your Greeks look great! What is on deck for your next commission?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand painting the shield borders gives the shield decals a more hand-painted look and ties them in nicely with your painting style. Well worth the extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Christopher! I am looking forward to gaming with them.

      Delete
  5. Truly spectacular Scott. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! I have to find some good Persian figures now.

      Delete
  6. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out bette

    My web site - 부산오피
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete