Monday, June 26, 2017

Giant Commission -- Complete Prussian Army

The Prussian army is finally done!  Here it is in all its glory.




Line Infantry, Jager

These are regiments 1-12, with two musketeer, one grenadier, and one fusilier battalion per regiment.




Landwehr Infantry, Foot Artillery
This is the landwehr of six regions, with four two-battalion regiments in each region.




Cavalry, Horse Artillery
Here we have six regiments each of dragoons, landwehr cavalry, hussars, and uhlans along with four regiments of cuirassiers.

This army contains 674 foot, 91 mounted, and 21 guns.  I started in early March, so it took me just under four months.  All the figures are AB Miniatures.  The flags are from GMB Designs, and the bases are from Litko.

Links to previous armies in the giant commission:

French
Austrians
Russians

The last army will be the Anglo-Allies at Waterloo.

23 comments:

  1. Brilliant job Scott, very inspiring.

    Any tips for fast painting? I'm gonna give it a go with austrians. Not gonna be going into my usual detail for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My biggest tip is array identical poses on the same painting stick. This lets you paint six figures at once, with the same brush stroke used for each figure. It makes it go a lot faster for me.

      Delete
    2. Lol, I do that already Scott 😊
      Thanks!

      Delete
    3. Paul, for fast AND first-rate painting, Scott has no peers. He is quite unbelievable.

      Delete
    4. Thanks very much for the kind words, Jon. You are too kind.

      Delete
  2. That's not saying your quality isn't ace, it is!!! Just at a fraction of the time it takes me to get my armies together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome as always Scott! Your customer must have some deep pockets!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he does. He's paying for a big chunk of my gaming space all by himself!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon. I am glad that this time you got to see them in person.

      Delete
  5. The last army will be the Anglo-Allies at Waterloo.

    saving the bset till last eh :)
    What about the Peninsular war for which you will need Portugese and Spainish

    Also I dare say for completeness also the war of 1812

    Don't think your task will be over just yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Glenn has ideas . . .

      Delete
    2. I definitely want to add all of the French allies:
      Polish, Saxons, Bavarians, Westphalians, Badeners, and Italians.
      Not sure about Portuguese and Spanish at this point...

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work! Customer should be very happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets the figures in a few days!

      Delete
    2. I have them deployed on a table in my office so that I can admire them every day.

      Delete
  7. Wow, lovely job, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rupert! Starting with quality figures does help.

      Delete
  9. How do you do it Scott's the armies you paint are amazing.

    Regards

    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete