Friday, July 19, 2019

40mm Commission -- Complete

Here are the shots of the finished army: 256 foot figures and four mounted figures.  There will also be three guns, but I am waiting for some paint to dry before I photograph them.













I started on these figures back in February, but I was not able to start making good progress on them until May.  I found 40mm a bear to paint.  Maybe it's just me, but the figures are so large and heavy that I had to adjust my whole approach.  Still, they do look impressive, and I hope Carl gets many years of happy gaming with these fellows!

8 comments:

  1. Impressive work, indeed, Scott! What is next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some 20mm WW2 ready for priming. Glenn Drover is developing some miniatures rules for squad level combat!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and impressive collection Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil! I sure hope the client enjoys them.

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting on fine figures as always, Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking collection. Love the flags as the center piece of the units. Love the correct drill pose/right shoulder shift at the double. As a 54mm collector/painter I'm not surprising that you had to use a different approach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you have to adjust your basing methods at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very good, and the flags really bring them to life.

    ReplyDelete