Thursday, April 9, 2020

1/72 SYW Prussian Infantry

I have been working on this project for almost two years. On a whim, I bought a few boxes of HaT Industries' 8280 "7YW Prussians Marching" and a box of 8282 "7YW Prussian Command." Each figure has the option of a tricorne, miter, or peaked cap. The marching figures come in only two poses, which is actually perfect for well ordered infantry.

I painted these with a simple block painting job, applied the dip, and based them up. Although each figure is not a masterpiece of painting, I do like their look on the table.







IR7



IR17



IR21



IR30


I painted these as a trial to see if I liked the range enough to commit to some armies. Well, I do like them enough, and I have ordered some boxes to supplement this starter force. This is just the kind of simple painting I can do while supervising my children's schoolwork.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, Scott! What is the length of a regiment in line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like this they are 10.5" wide. I was thinking of using Maurice, which would only have four bases per regiment, with a width of 6".

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with the appearance of these fine fellows!
    Looks like each unit has 7 bases of 6 each (command base may be a bit less), but call it 40 figures per regiment. Huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 40 foot and one mounted commander per regiment. I like the look of the big battalions!

      Delete
  3. A purist would base their infantry three ranks deep...and add battalion guns. But, that purist would probably get tired of painting and abandon the project...asking for a friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supervising my kids and painting in such a great quality would be very nice to me. Many thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete