Sunday, August 20, 2023

Rebel Reinforcements

I misunderstood my instructions a bit, so I dipped into my spares box for these 24 marching Confederates. I had thought that I needed more butternut in the mix, so I painted these all in four different butternut shades.




Carl will have a 15 man regiment of Confederate sharpshooters. With their long brass scopes, these fellows look the part!





The ten generals in the Personalities pack are, L-R, front to back:

James Longstreet, Joseph E. Johnston, Stonewall Jackson, Nathan Bedford Forrest
Braxton Bragg, Robert E. Lee, J.E.B. Stuart
Richard Ewell, George Pickett, John Bell Hood


 I never quite understand why manufacturers include Pickett, of all people. He is the sole division commander in this array, while army and corps commanders like Jubal Early, John B. Gordon, A.P. Hill, James K. Polk, John C. Breckinridge, Richard Taylor, Patrick Cleburne, John C. Pemberton, William Hardee, Joseph Wheeler, Kirby Smith, and Albert Sidney Johnston are all absent.

No comments:

Post a Comment