Tuesday, July 2, 2013

AWI Continentals

This is the last batch of figures for Glenn's AWI commission.  The figures are a mix of Perry and Foundry.

Because these are to be used as playing pieces in a board game, I wanted them quickly recognizable.  I went with the classic blue coated look, with difference only in facing colors.











Today and tomorrow I will finish basing these figures.  It takes a while as I wait for my glue wash to be dry.

I started painting these 205 figures on June 12th.  I was able to finish in just under three weeks.  It's amazing how much I can get done when I have ten hours a day to devote to painting!

1 comment:

  1. An amazing feat of painting!

    Thank you, Scott!
    I'll be putting on an over-sized version of the new game of 1775: Rebellion by Academy Games at Gen Con this year with these figures replacing the wood cubes.

    Here's the link to their site:
    http://academy-games.com/games/birth-of-america/1775-rebellion

    The game board I'll be using will be 6 feet in length.

    ReplyDelete