I also put the last coat of Dullcote on these figures this morning. The Roman starter army has two cavalry units, and this is the second I have finished (you can see the first here). All figures are Crusader. The spears are from North Star. Shield transfers are from Little Big Men. Bases are Litko.
Roman cavalry don't seem to last long on the battlefield, but they do look pretty while they're there!
I'm still searching for the perfect combination of paints for the Roman mustard brown military cloaks. The colors here are the same combination I use for Confederate butternut: Territorial Beige over Espresso.
The army is almost finished now! That little gap right up front will be filled with eight bases of Velites. Just 16 more figures and I'm done!