Wednesday, January 30, 2008

15mm Napoleonic Austrian Light Cavalry

I'm building an Austrian army to fight the 1809 campaigns in Age of Eagles. I figured I would start with the Wagram OOB and adapt it to other battles. For Wagram, I need three brigades (5, 4, and 6 stands) of chevauxleger and one brigade (7 stands) of dragoons.

My buddy Austin (hello, Austin!) sold me some AB chevauxleger/dragoon figures he had, and I rounded them out with a few more figures from Eureka USA. These 44 figures took me over a week to paint, but I think they were worth the effort.

All four brigades from the front


All four brigades from the side

Closeup of chevauxleger in green and white coats

Closeup of dragoons in the back row

I usually use Old Glory or Battle Honors figures, just because they're so cheap here in the US. I often pick up Minifigs when I can find a deal on eBay. I like the Minifigs' uniformity. These AB figures were pricey. It cost me $63 for the bare lead for these four units. With Minifigs, it would have cost $51. With Battle Honors or Old Glory, it would have cost $27 (I'm part of their special buyers club).

The figure painter in me enjoyed these figures, but the frugal Scotsman in me will probably buy Old Glory next time.

1 comment:


  1. Bihar board of education is also called by the name Bihar education department or the Bihar School Examination Board. The Bihar board of education is the main education board of the state, which is responsible for conducting the Classes 10 or Matric and 12 board exams or Inter exams, every year. SCERT Bihar 3rd Class Syllabus The Bihar School Examination Board was established in the year 1952, for prescribing a course of studies and for carrying out other necessary objects.

    ReplyDelete